Xiaomi Mi Pad 2
Coming soon to the Stores
- Wifi + 2G (Without Calling)
- 2GB RAM
- 7.9-inch screen
Xiaomi is one of the most dominant players in the Indian Tablet space. Xiaomi is a Chinese Multinational company that is headquartered in Beijing, China. Xiaomi was founded in the year 2011 and began with manufacturing Smartphones, Cameras, Electronic accessories, and Laptops. Xiaomi has sold up to 60 million products till date.
Xiaomi has its huge presence in countries like mainland China, India, Malaysia and Singapore, and is expanding to other countries such as Indonesia, the Philippines and Brazil. Xiaomi currently competes with
The Tablet Market in India:
Tablet computers or just tablets are small and handy personal computers. They are run mainly on the mobile operating system, has a touchscreen, and sometimes have the voice calling ability, but typically larger than a smartphone. Their sleek and compact design, portable nature with productivity suits available made this device very popular.
India has a huge market for tablet computers, although the market shows lack of growth for the last couple of years. The second quarter of 2017 showed an 11% decline in the shipping of this device in comparison to the previous quarter. Market analysis shows that this fall is mostly due to lack of interest of customers in 3G-enabled tablets. With 4G data becoming affordable, 4G-tablets have started gaining popularity. Tablets with more power and RAM also showed market growth. While the SIM-enabled tablets continue to be the preferred models in the corporate sector, the devices with Wi-Fi feature are in demand in the student community. Also, affordable tablets under ₹ 5000 price band are popular in rural India.
The third quarter of 2017 showed a huge growth in the tablet market since Lenovo’s market increased by 46%. This was due to the fact that Lenovo sold its tablets to the student community in collaboration with Gujarat State Government under the NAMO tablet scheme. This catapulted Lenovo to the top position among the tablet vendors in India.
Many renowned tablet manufacturers are planning to release their newest models in Indian market this year. This will definitely lead to an upsurge in tablet PC demand among Indian customers.
About the company:
Xiaomi is a Chinese computer electronics and software manufacturer founded in 2010. Xiaomi’s headquarter is located in Beijing, China. In 2011, the company introduced its first smartphone, and within 3 years it had become China’s largest smartphone vendor, and presently it is the world’s fifth largest smartphone manufacturer. Xiaomi has business centres in China, India, Malaysia, Singapore and also spreading to Indonesia, Philippines, and South Africa.
Xiaomi’s CEO, Mr Lei Jun claims that they provide smartphones to the customer at almost “bill-of-material” price without compromising performance or quality. To reduce overhead expenditure, the company does not own any physical outlet and sells its products online. Also, instead of advertising, they keep faith on word-of-mouth and social media platforms, they heavily depend on customer feedback. Xiaomi undergoes flash sale of its products to check supply more than demand. The motto of this company is ‘always believe that something wonderful is about to happen’. Xiaomi devices, especially, tablet computers and smartphones have a stock and aftermarket firmware known as MIUI (Mi user interface). MIUI includes various apps and features based on the Android operating system.
The Xiaomi’s products are manufactured mainly by Foxconn and Inventec. Xiaomi mainly produces smartphones, and other than smartphones, its product line includes tablet computers, smart TVs, network routers, power banks, set-top boxes, cloud storage and cloud computing services, laptops, smart bands and smartwatches, speakers, earphones, air-purifiers, and accessories for smartphones and tablets.
MIT Technology Review ranked Xiaomi in 2nd position on a list of 50 smartest companies in 2015. It also secured the third position as ‘Most Innovative Company’ in 2014 by Fast Company. Xiaomi sold 2112010 mobile phones with 24 hours through its website breaking the Guinness world record of “most mobile phones sold on a single online platform in 24 hours”.
History of the company in India:
Xiaomi landed in India in 2014, and since then India has been the biggest market for Xiaomi products after China. In 2017, Xiaomi was the second most popular smartphone vendor in India behind Samsung. Xiaomi entered Indian market offering its product Mi 3 smartphone through the e-commerce site Flipkart. The customer has to register for the phone beforehand, which would undergo sale for a narrow window of time. Though the stock was finished within a few seconds, Xiaomi received negative customer reviews mainly due to the scarcity of spare parts. This type of flash was not taken positively by some conservative customers, however, that could not make a dent in Xiaomi’s growing popularity. With big discount offered by online retailers during October, India’s biggest shopping season, Xiaomi sold over 1 million smartphones in just 18 days. From 2017, Xiaomi started to sell its devices from physical stores too. Also, Xiaomi has opened its manufacturing unit in India to compete with other cell phone vendors. Other Chinese smartphone manufacturers, like OnePlus, Oppo, etc. and Indian company Micromax are giving tough competition to Xiaomi. However, with Manu Jain as Vice President, Xiaomi is in able hand as far as Indian market is concerned. Xiaomi has to resolve its issue of lack of supply to ever increasing demand of Indian customers and the company is hopeful that with physical outlets initiating the sale of Xiaomi devices, lack of supply will not be a problem anymore.
Tablet models offered by Xiaomi:
The tablet computers designed and developed by Xiaomi come under the “Mi Pad” series. The technical details of these tablets are discussed below:
· Xiaomi MiPad: This tablet was launched by Xiaomi in June 2014. It has a 7.9 inch IPS high-resolution display with a resolution of 2048 pixels by 1536 pixels at a density of 326 pixels per inch. With an aspect ratio of 4:3, the screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Powered by a 2.2 GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra K1 ARM Cortex-A15 processor assisted by a 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM, this device runs on Android 4.4 operating system. The internal storage provided is 16 GB eMMC flash storage, which can be expanded up to 128 GB with a microSD card. An 8 MP primary camera with f/2.0 aperture and a 5 MP front camera are present. A 6700 mAh non-removable Lithium-ion polymer battery provides 11 hours of video streaming, or 17 hours of reading, or 86 hours of music playback, or 1300 hours on standby power. This tablet PC accepts a single SIM card. Connectivity options are Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and USB-OTG. Compass magnetometer, gyroscope and accelerometer sensors are packed in the device. The price of Xiaomi MiPad starts at ₹ 10999 at the Indian market.
· Xiaomi MiPad 2: Released in November 2015, this is a 7.9-inch tablet having 2018 pixels by 1536 pixels resolution and 326 pixels per inch density. It has IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colours. This device comes in three colour variants: silver, gold and pink. Powered by 2.24 GHz quad-core processor with Intel Atom X5-Z8500 chipset, this tablet model runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system. With Intel HD Graphics graphic processing unit and 2 GB RAM, Xiaomi MiPad 2 has two storage options, either 16 GB or 64 GB non-expandable internal memory. The tablet packs an 8 MP primary camera with f/2.0 aperture with 1080p video recording capability, and a 5 MP secondary camera. A 6190 mAh high capacity battery provide 100 hours music listening or 12 hours of video watching experience. It also supports fast charging 5V/2A. It also bears a USB A type-C two-way port. This device accepts a single SIM card and provides Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth connectivity options. Accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor and proximity sensors are there on this tablet. The price of the 16 GB version of iPad 2 starts from ₹ 10999.
· Xiaomi MiPad 2 (Windows 10): This is another version of iPad 2, which runs on Windows 10 operating system. It is a 7.9-inch device with about 72.7% screen o body ratio and the resolution is 2048 x 1536 pixels at 326 PPI density. The display is IPS LCD with the capacitive multi-touch screen. It has a 2.24 GHz quad-core CPU with Intel Atom X5-Z8500 chipset and Intel HD Graphics GPU. The RAM is 2 GB and it has 64 GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. The rear camera has 8 MP resolution with 1080p video recording capability, and the front camera has 5 MP resolution. This device has a 6190 mAh Li-Polymer battery and accepts a single SIM card. Connectivity options are GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB etc. Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass magnetometer, proximity sensor and ambient light sensors are present. Three colour options are available for this device: silver, gold and pink. The price of Xiaomi MiPad 2 Windows model starts at ₹ 13990.
· Xiaomi MiPad 3: This is also a 7.9-inch tablet with IPS LCD capacitive multi-touch screen having a screen to body ratio of 72.73%. It has 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution at 324 PPI density. Powered by a hexa-core (2.1 GHz dual-core Cortex A72 + 1.7 GHz quad-core A53) processor having MediaTek MT8176 chipset and assisted by 4 GB RAM, this device has a fixed 64 GB internal storage. iPad 3 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. It has a 13 MP primary camera with CMOS image sensor having face detection, digital zoom and touch to focus features; and a 5 MP secondary camera without the flash option. The device packs a 6600 mAh non-removable battery with fast charging option. Connectivity options provided are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and micro USB 2.0. Light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope are present. The price of iPad 3 in Indian market starts at ₹ 14990.
· Xiaomi MiPad 4: iPad 4 is expected to launch in India in April 2018. It is an 8.0-inch device with IPS LCD multi-touch capacitive screen with 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution at 320 PPI density. Running on Android 8.0 Nougat operating system, this tablet is powered by a 1.3 GHz Cortex A53 processor with MediaTek MT6737 chipset. The GPU is Mali-T720 MP2. This device has a 4 GB RAM and a non-expandable 64 GB ROM. There is a 13 MP main camera with autofocus, digital zoom, face recognition, touch to focus features, while the front camera has 8 MP resolution. This tablet packs a 7000 mAh Li-polymer non-removable battery with a fast-charging option. The network and connectivity options are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth version 4.2, micro USB 2.0, etc. Compass magnetometer, light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc. are present. The price of this tablet is expected to be ₹ 16990 onwards.
Why buy Xiaomi Tablets:
Xiaomi devices are preferred by the customers for the following reasons:
· Performance-wise Xiaomi tablets are very good. They have strong CPU and latest Android platform.
· Good battery back-up. Latest models also have fast-charging feature making overnight charging obsolete.
· Crystal-clear display with high resolution. They have very good viewing angle and high contrast background.
· Sleek and smart design. The tablets are thin, of ideal size and are quite smart to look at.
· MIUI user interface offers a bundle of apps and features allowing the user to customize the device totally as his/her own.
· The very good deal for the money. The tablet does a lot for their money.
Xiaomi mi Pad is one of the most prominent tablet that has been launched by Xiaomi. This comes with a 8 inch display that produces 2048x1536 pixels resolution. These are enabled with 2GB RAM, 8 Mp primary camera along with 5 MP secondary camera. It is equipped with 2.2 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 ARM Cortex-A15 Quad Core Processor which provides its users a seamless multitasking experience.
Xiaomi tablets have received positive reviews from users all across the world for its performance, specifications and hardware. The Unique selling point for its Xiaomi has always been the price. The price which offers state of the art technology and unbeatable competitive prices.
Our Tablet finder and Compare feature helps you browse through the Xiaomi Mipad price list and compare up to 3 tablets at a go, to have an effortless shopping experience.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 2
Coming soon to the Stores
Available in 1 store
|Xiaomi Tablet Price List||Price|
|Xiaomi Mi Pad 2||Rs. 13599|
|Xiaomi MiPad||Rs. 12999|