Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 Key features
- Gets a 8 Mega Pixel main camera with Geo Tagging and a 5 Mega Pixel front shooter.
- Boots on Android V5.1(Lollipop) and houses 16 GB on-board storage.
- Powered by 2600mAh LI-ion battery and has Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Compass, Gyro Sensor features.
Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 Review:
South Korean conglomerate Samsung has recently announced its 2017’s version of last year’s Samsung Galaxy J3. Coming back with a better display and better storage, the mid-range Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) will be a talk of the town once it’s released. The new Samsung Galaxy J3 release date in India is expected to be in April, 2017.
Super AMOLED display, 16GB internal memory
Android Lollipop, 2600 mAh
The new Samsung Galaxy J3 is powered by the same old Spreadtrum SC9830 Quad-core processor which is almost equal to Qualcomm Snapdragon 410. The processor speed is 1.2GHz which is quite lesser when compared to its predecessor’s 1.5GHz. The Cortex A7 architecture and Mali-400 Graphics Processing Unit makes high-end graphic games playable. With Android Nougat in the market and another OS dessert on the way, the Samsung Galaxy J3 is still stuck to the Lollipop.
The Samsung Galaxy J3 comes with an 8MP primary camera and a 5MP front camera. The primary camera comes with LED Flash and supports HDR and Panorama mode. Auto Flash, Geo-tagging, Continuous Shooting, and Touch to focus are the additional features of the primary camera. The front camera does not have a flash.
The Samsung Galaxy J3 comes with a Li-ion non-removable battery with the capacity of 2600 mAh. Samsung claims that with a full charge, the battery can last through 13 hours of talk time. Notably, the 2016 edition’s battery was user replaceable.
Design and Display:
Weighing around 138 grams, the Samsung Galaxy J3 sports a 5.5-inch display. The screen resolution of the phone is 1080x1920p, which is a development compared to the last year’s version. The best thing about this phone is its Super AMOLED display which is quite radiant even when compared to the high-end mobiles. The screen to body percentage of the mobile is 67.9% and the pixel density of the capacitive multitouch screen is a huge 432 ppi.
The new Samsung Galaxy J3 comes with a 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory, which can be expandable up to 128GB with a MicroSD card.
Additional features of the Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 include an Accelerometer, a Proximity Sensor, a Compass, and a Gyro Sensor. The new Samsung Galaxy J3 price in India is expected to be Rs 6800.
Inarguably, this is not the best phone out there under Rs 7000. The likes of Redmi 3s and Coolpad Mega 3 offer you better cameras and processors. But if you are a Samsung fanatic and display is your only concern, then think no more and get a Galaxy J3.
Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 Specifications:
Galaxy J3 2017
1080 x 1920 Pixels
Screen to Body Percentage
Expandable Card Slot
microSD, Upto 128 GB
8 Mega Pixel
5 Mega Pixel
1920x1080 @ 30 FPS
Primary Camera Features
HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Auto Flash
142.3 x 71 x 7.9 mm
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Dual SIM (Micro SIM)
Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Compass, Gyro Sensor
Popular Samsung MobilesView all
- Samsung Galaxy C7Rs. 26,567
- Samsung Galaxy XRs. 36,999
- Samsung Galaxy On NxtRs. 15,900Rs. 18,490
- Samsung Galaxy C9Rs. 37,999
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)Rs. 7,490Rs. 8,990
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017)Rs. 33,490
- Samsung Galaxy J3 2017Rs. 6,800
- Samsung Galaxy FolderRs. 15,990
- Samsung Galaxy C5Rs. 24,500
- Samsung W2017Rs. 59,276
- Samsung SM-G5510Rs. 6,843
- Samsung Galaxy A9 ProRs. 26,900
- Samsung W2016Rs. 39,990
- Samsung Galaxy Folder 2Rs. 17,209
- Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)Rs. 28,990
- Samsung Galaxy C5 ProRs. 27,999
- Samsung Galaxy s8 plusRs. 64,900
- Samsung Galaxy C7 ProRs. 25,990Rs. 29,990
- Samsung Galaxy J7 PrimeRs. 15,050
- Samsung Galaxy J1 mini primeRs. 6,999
- Samsung Galaxy S8Rs. 57,900
- Samsung Galaxy S7 activeRs. 53,900
- Samsung Galaxy X1 PlusRs. 55,999
- Samsung Galaxy X1Rs. 53,999
- Samsung Galaxy J2 AceRs. 8,900
- Samsung Galaxy J1 4GRs. 6,890
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017)Rs. 13,999
- Samsung Z5Rs. 6,999