Coming soon to the Stores
- Wifi + 3G (With Calling)
- 1GB RAM
- 8-inch screen
Lava International is an India-based manufacturer of electronic devices of mobile phones and tablets. Founded by Hari Om Rai in 2003 as Pacetel Communications, the company was renamed ‘Lava’ in 2009. Lava was the first brand to launch Intel chip-based smartphone under the brand name XOLO. And in 2012, Lava stepped into tablets manufacturing and there has been no looking back since. Lava tablets are known for their reasonable pricing and efficient performance.
The company mainly caters to the economy class in the country and makes its tablets or mobile phones available and affordable. An
The Tablet Market in India:
Indian consumer market follows the global trend, so tablet market in India also mirrors global tablet market. Previous years experienced quite a few ups and downs in tablet sales. The introduction of smartphones with bigger display sizes with updated operating systems and user interfaces, tablet computers showed a decline in popularity in the first two quarters of 2017. However, in the third quarter last year, the market showed 38% growth over previous quarter. Lenovo claimed the top tablet vendor position with 20.3% overall tablet market share according to the Economic Times’ report. Acer captured 16% of the tablet market share and came to the second spot. Samsung slipped to the third position, followed by iBall and Datawind claiming fourth and fifth positions respectively. Gujarat government’s recent NAMO tablet scheme contributed to the successful rise in Lenovo’s tablet sale, as Lenovo sold its devices under this scheme.
Current market trend shows the buyers are biased towards Android-run devices. Only few Windows-run tablets are there in the market, and with the introduction of more and more Windows based models, this operating system may start to gain popularity. Since 4G data are quite easily available and affordable in India, 4G-enabled tablets are in demand. A few two-in-one or convertible tablets were introduced in the market last year and they were very successful. These devices have a bigger screen than the average tablets, and come with a detachable keyboard. Students as well as people in corporate sector have found these devices very handy, compact, and productive.
This year tablet market is expected to show a huge growth as quite a few vendors are launching new models suited for better productivity and creativity.
About the company:
Founded in 2009, Lava International Limited is an Indian multinational company, which manufactures various information technology products, mainly smartphones. Lava International was founded by Hari Om Rai, Sunil Bhalla, Shailendranath Rai, and Vishal Sehgal as a branch of a telecommunication endeavour. With head office located in Noida, this company operates in several other countries like, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Indonesia, Russia and Egypt. Also, in China the company has a Research and Development wing as well as a product-testing centre. The smartphone model Lava Z25 Iris Pro 30 has been designed and developed in China centre.
Lava produced the first smartphone in India with an Intel processor after a collaboration with Intel. The product line of Lava includes smartphones, feature phones, laptops, tablets and accessories. India’s first 4G-enabled smartphone Connect M14 was produced by Lava.
Lava International is an environment conscious company. The company works relentlessly to minimize e-waste and also to reduce the use of hazardous materials. It follows the 3R rules of recycling its products. The official website clearly mentions “Do’s and Don’ts” that the consumers should follow to properly handle the product after end-of-life. There are collection points to accept devices after end-of-life.
Tablet models offered by Lava:
A list of a few tablet computer devices offered by Lava International Limited and their technical specifications are mentioned below:
· LAVA Magnum XI: This is a 6.98 inch tablet having a HD IPS OGS display with capacitive multi-touch screen at 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. This tablet has two colour variants: white and dark blue. Powered by a 1.1 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, this device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. This tablet packs 2 GB DDR3 RAM and 16 GB internal storage expandable to 64 GB via a microSD card. The primary camera is of 8 MP resolution with automatic focus and flash, while the secondary front shooter has 2 MP resolution. It has a graphic card of Adreno 304 with 400 MHz frequency. A 2850 mAh battery with Qualcomm power optimization feature powers the device. This 4G-eabled tablet accommodates two SISince M cards. The connectivity and network options are GPS, GLONASS, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. This device comes with one year manufacturer warranty. The price of Magnum XI tablet is ₹ 11500 onwards.
· LAVA X80: This tablet model has an 8.0 inch IPS with OGS capacitive multi-touch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. White and black are the two colour variants available for this model. This device is powered by a 1.3 GHz Intel quad-core processor running on Android 4.4 Kitkat platform. This device comes with Intel HD Graphic card (Gen 7). The RAM is 1 GB DDR3, while the internal storage provided is 16 GB expandable up to 32 GB. This device packs a 5 MP rear camera with automatic focus, and a 3.2 MP front-facing camera. A 4200 mAh battery provides power to run the tablet. Network and connectivity options are 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and A-GPS. The accessories provided with this tablet are charging adapter, earphone, USB cable and OTG cable. This device is protected with one year manufacturer warranty. The price of LAVA X80 tablet is ₹ 9999 onwards.
· LAVA Ivory S 4G: Ivory S 4G is a 7 inch tablet with capacitive multi-touch display having 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. The colour variants of this model available are blue-black and silver-white. Powered by 1 GHz quad-core MediaTek 6735 processor, this device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system. It has Mali T-720 MP1 500 GHz graphic card. The tablet packs a 5 MP automatic focus primary camera with flash and a 3.2 MP front-facing camera. 1 GB DDR3 RAM is accompanied by 16 GB internal storage expandable up to 32 GB. This tablet accommodates dual SIM cards and a 3000 mAh battery. It supports 4G network and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS are connectivity options. A charger and earphones come with the tablet and Lava provides one year warranty for this device. Ivory S 4G is available in the market at ₹ 8799 onwards.
· LAVA Ivory Pop: Ivory Pop is a 7 inch capacitive multi-touch tablet with dual TN display having a resolution of 600 x 1024 pixels. Powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core Intel Sofia 3G-R processor and ARM Mali 450 graphics, this device operates on Android 5.1 Lollipop platform. It has 1GB DDR3 RAM and 16 GB internal storage with an option to extend it to 32 GB via a microSD card. The camera specifications are: a 5 MP automatic focus camera in the back and a 2 MP camera in the front. The tablet packs a 3000 mAh battery and accepts two SIM cards. Network and connectivity options are 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. Charger and earphones are packed in the box and the device comes with one year manufacturer warranty. The price of this tablet starts at ₹ 6299.
· LAVA Twinpad: Launched in February 2016, Lava Twinpad has a 10.1 inch display with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. Powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor and 2GB RAM, this device runs on Windows 10 operating system. The device has 32 GB on-board storage expandable to 64 GB with microSD card. There are two 2 MP cameras both in front and back. This two-in-one tablet comes with a detachable keyboard and the power is provided by a 7400 mAh non-removable battery. This convertible device accepts a single regular SIM providing GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G network. Proximity sensor, gyroscope, ambient light sensor are present. The price of this device starts at ₹ 14999.
· LAVA Xtron Mega: This device has a 10.1 inch display with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. It has a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, a 1 GB RAM and packs 16 GB inbuilt storage expandable to 32 GB with a microSD card. Running on Android 4.2, this device is powered by a 6000 mAh non-removable battery. Lava Xtron Mega tablet packs a 2 MP primary camera and a 0.3 MP front shooter to take selfies. Connectivity options are Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and FM. This tablet is available in market from ₹ 7999 onwards.
· LAVA E-Tab connect: This is a 7 inch tablet with 800 x 480 pixels resolution. Powered by a 1 GHz Qualcomm processor, it has 512 MB RAM and runs on Android 4.0 platform. It provides 4 GB internal memory expandable to 32 GB with a microSD card. A 2 MP back camera and a 0.3 MP front camera are there. There is a 3000 mAh non-removable battery and this device accepts a regular SIM. Connectivity options are 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, etc. The price of this tablet is ₹3999 onwards.
· LAVA Ivory M4: This 8 inch tablet was introduced in December 2015. It has a capacitive multi-touch screen with 800 x 1280 pixels resolution. This device is powered by 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor and comes with 2 GB RAM. There is 16 GB of fixed internal storage. The tablet runs on Android 5.1 operating system and is powered by a 4000 mAh non-removable battery. It accepts a single regular SIM card. The camera provided are an 8 MP back camera and a 3.2 MP front camera. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and 3G connectivity options are there. The sensors present are accelerometer, ambient light sensor and proximity sensor. Price of this tablet starts at ₹ 5999.
Why buy Lava Tablets:
In a very short period of time Lava has come up as one of the topmost mobile vendors in India. Although, the main product range of Lava International Limited is smartphones, Lava has manufactured a few good tablet computers. These feature-packed tablets with trendy and stylish look come in the mid-range of price. These tablets are great performers considering the price range. Lava is considered to be the brand with leat consumer complaints. This is a good reason to purchase a tablet PC produced by Lava. Lava produced first 4G-enabled smartphone in India, it also produced the first smartphone in India with an Intel core. This proves that the company does not lag behind in technology, and also does not compromise with quality. The tablets produced by Lava are great devices to have in a moderate price band.
Also, these tablets vary in features like connectivity, screen type, and network type. Most of the Lava tablets do not support 4G connectivity but do support 3G and 2G network connectivity. And the tablets come with Wi-Fi + calling whereas a few come only with Wi-Fi.
Lava tablets price in India varies between Rs 4500 to Rs 9990. And these tablets come with one-year product warranty and 6 months on accessories such as a headset, adapter, and USB cable. The warranty does not cover any physical damage but only manufacturing defects in hardware and software. For any spare parts or complaints, you can reach a nearby Lava service center or call up Lava customer care.
Coming soon to the Stores
Lava Ivory M4
Available in 1 store
Lava Xtron Z704
Available in 2 stores
Lava Ivory Plus
Available in 3 stores
|Lava Tablet Price List||Price|
|Lava X80||Rs. 9990|
|Lava Ivory M4||Rs. 9299|
|Lava Xtron Z704||Rs. 4533|
|Lava Ivory Plus||Rs. 6499|