Intex iBuddy IN-7DD01
Available in 1 store
Company Origin: Intex Technologies is an Indian electronics manufacturer of smartphones, consumer durables, and IT accessories. The company is headquartered in New Delhi and houses more than 13,000 employees. The company was founded by Narendra Bansal in 1996, which is now currently headed by his son Keshav Bansal. The company has posted revenues of more than US$ 900 million. Thus, making this company close to a billion dollar enterprise.
Intex started with IT accessories and move their way to the smartphones and consumer electronics over the two decades of its presence. Currently, the brand stands at a point where they have explored most of the electronics devices segment. Being an Indian brand, the company has jumped on a bandwagon to manufacture their products in India. They have five manufacturing units in the country including one in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. As far as the investments go, under Keshav Bansal's guidance, the company has forayed into a sports arena to connect with their Indian consumers.
The Tablet Market in India:
According to International Data Corporation’s report 1.1 million tablets were shipped to India last year third quarter. This registered about 46% growth in business in the tablet market in comparison to the second quarter last year. Gujarat government undertook a scheme named ‘NAMO Tablet Sahaya Yojana’ to provide cheap tablet computers to college students. This was the main reason behind the upswing in the tablet market in India.
IDC predicted that with the large screen smartphones gaining more and more popularity, tablets are going to lose their relevance and according to IDC, the demand for tablets are expected to decline in the coming year. In reality, the demand for smaller versions of tablets with display size 7–8 inches is dropping, while tablet PCs with a bigger screen, 8–9-inch tablets are gaining popularity. Tablets of size 10-inch plus showed a marked increase in sell during the first quarter in 2017.
Among the top tablet vendors, Lenovo leads the Indian market with 26% market share with its Tab 4 series of devices targeting buyers of a wide price range. Acer takes the second position with its tie-up with academic institutions. Samsung slipped to the third position though its Galaxy J Max continues to be one of the favourites among Indian customers. In the month of September last year, iBall released its detachable tablet running on Windows and claimed the fourth position with a growth of 25.8%. Datawind moved down to the fifth position mainly because of its narrow target audience as well as a delay in coming up with new improved and updated models. Apple’s iPad Air continues to be the top-selling model, while iPad Pro took the next position.
In spite of the dip in sell of tablets, the tablet vendors are quite hopeful that with their new releases they will capture the market. With 4G data becoming affordable, 4G-enabled tablets are doing good business. The Android-based devices still remain favourite among buyers. To be successful, the look and design of the device have to be trendy and attractive. Several feature-packed sleek models are coming to the market this year contemplating a growth in the business of tablet sector.
About the company:
Headquartered in New Delhi, Intex Technologies Ltd. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified, USD 950 million Indian company, which designs, develops, manufactures and sells various consumer electronic products, smartphones, information technology accessories, etc. In 1996 Intex Technologies was founded by Narendra Bansal and presently Keshav Bansal is the managing director of the company. The company offers various consumer electronic products, like, mobile handsets, mobile accessories, LED TVs, washing machines, refrigerator, multimedia speakers and smart wearables. There are about 1600 distributors and more than 80000 dealers across the country. Intex has bagged the prestigious ‘Fastest Growing Brand in India in Telecom Sector’ award at World Brands Summit.
In 2012 the company diversified its product line from strictly information technology products to consumer durables with the launch of LED TVs. This decision proved to be very successful, as the LED TV business saw an inspiring rise in sales with 150% growth. The washing machines produced by Intex are also quite popular in this country. Intex is the second largest seller of mobile phones in India. Last year Intex introduced the Aqua S3 4G-Volte smartphones running on Android 7 operating system. The same year the company launched more affordable 4G enabled feature phone under Navaratna series, Intex Turbo+ 4G. Another 4G VoLTE enabled smartphone, Intex Aqua Zenith was launched in July 2017. This phone has a 1.1 GHz MediaTek quad-core processor. Another smartphone model Intex Aqua Lions 3 was introduced to the market having ‘Dragon-Tail’ glass. Another smartphone model that was released last year was Intex Aqua Power IV running on Android Nougat operating system. A 4K LED TV called LED B4301 UHD SMT was launched last year in July. This TV runs on Android 5.1 with 1.1 GHz quad-core CPU and 2.5 GB RAM.
Intex has signed several celebrities from film fraternity as the brand ambassadors of the company, like, Boman Irani, Madhuri Dixit, Mahesh Babu, etc. The IPL franchise of Gujarat Lions is owned by Intex. Intex Technologies partners with NDTV’s Behtar India Campaign in providing Dengue Protection Kits to 1500 underprivileged children. Other social activities of this company include collaboration with Jaya Foundation to support children in their fight against cancer, also, helping needy children with education in partnership with Gyan Shakti Vidyalaya.
Tablet models offered by Intex:
The tablet computers offered by Intex are listed below. Their technical specifications are outlined.
· Intex Aqua Note 5.5: Launched in August 2017, this device has a 5.5 inch HD IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution with 16.7M colours. Powered by 1.25 GHz quad-core Cortex-A5 processor and 2 GB DDR3 RAM, the tablet runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. Aqua Note 5.5 includes 16 GB internal storage expandable to 128 GB with a microSD card. It packs an 8 MP main camera and 5 MP front camera, both equipped with flash. A 2800 mAh battery that provides power to the device. There are slots for two microSIMs giving access to 4G VoLTE network. The connectivity options are Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. Proximity sensor, accelerometer and ambient light sensors are also present. Intex Aqua Note 5.5 is available in market at a price starting at ₹ 4999 onwards.
· Intex Aqua 5.5 VR+: This 5.5-inch tablet was launched in August 2017. It has an HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280 pixels x 720 pixels. Running on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system, this device is powered by 1.25 GHz quad-core processor supported by a 2 GB RAM. With 16 GB ROM, the internal storage can be expanded to 128 GB with a microSD card. There is an 8 MP main camera with automatic focus, and a 5 MP front camera with fixed focus. A 2800 mAh Li-ion battery gives power to the device. It accepts two GSM microSIMs with 4G network. Connectivity options are Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. The sensors include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor and proximity sensor. This tablet is available at Indian market at ₹ 4999 onwards.
· Intex Aqua Selfie: Launched in July 2017, this 5.5-inch tablet has an HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. Powered by 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, this device runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. It has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory expandable to 64 GB via a microSD card. It houses an 8 MP automatic focus main camera and 5 MP fixed focus front camera, both with LED flash to get clear photos even in low light. It packs a 3000 mAh battery and accepts a single SIM. This tablet provides 4G-LTE and 3G network, and connectivity options are GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, and proximity sensors are there. The price of this device starts from ₹ 6209 at the Indian market.
· Intex Cloud Q11 4G: This 5.5-inch tablet with IPS display at a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels was launched in the market in January 2017. It has a 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor with 1 GB RAM. Run on Android 6.0 operating system, this device has 8 GB internal storage with an option to extend it to 32 GB with a microSD card. Intex Cloud Q11 4G packs an 8 MP rear camera with automatic focus and a 5 MP front camera with fixed focus. It has a 2800 mAh removable battery and accepts a regular and a microSIM. Connectivity options are Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, 3G and 4G. Sensors include a proximity sensor, accelerometer and ambient light sensor. The price of this tablet in Indian market is ₹ 4499 onwards.
· Intex iBuddy Connect: Intex iBuddy Connect is a 7-inch tablet with a capacitive touchscreen having 800 x 480 pixels resolution. It runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor. The RAM provided is 512 MB with 4 GB onboard storage expandable to 32 GB. A 2 MP main camera and a front-facing VGA camera are there. It accepts a single SIM and the device provides the 3G network. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI, etc. The tablet comes with a 3000 mAh batter. Intex provides a leather cover with an attached keyboard with this tablet. The price of this device starts at ₹ 9599.
· Intex iBuddy IN-7DD01: This device comes with a 7 inch HD display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Powered by a quad-core MediaTek processor with 1 GB RAM, and runs on Android 5.1 operating system. There is 8 GB internal storage expandable to 32 GB through a microSD card. The tablet packs a 2 MP main camera and a 0.3 MP front camera. A 2800 mAh non-removable battery powers the device. It accommodates two SIM cards and provides the 3G network. Connectivity options are GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB OTG, etc. The sensors present in the tablet include a proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, and accelerometer. The price of this device starts at ₹ 3999.
Why buy Intex Tablets:
Intex is one of the topmost sellers of smartphones in India. Intex devices provide a decent user interface with powerful performance and trendy look. In the affordable range, Intex tablets pack a number of decent features. The tablets are 4G-enabled, or at least 3G-enabled in case of old models. They house two cameras and come up with good storage options. The display option is also good with HD IPS screen. Intex devices are sturdy and handy. The students should find these devices quite useful, as the tablets have voice calling option, and can be doubled up as both a smartphone as well as a tablet. These tablets could be quite useful for entertainment purposes too. The customers should keep in mind that Intex is providing many standard features below ₹ 10000 range, which are available in many foreign makes at more than ₹ 15000.
Intex has been in the smartphone market for as long as one could remember a presence of an Indian company in a smartphone industry. The brand has slowly become a household name as they are introducing consumer electronics products by expanding the horizon from the smartphones and tablets. With the introduction of budget smartphones, the company has garnered more audience than ever in the past.
The brand doesn’t have a range of tablets, but instead, they are more focused on offering few devices that would be approachable to a broader audience. The Intex tablet comes powered by a Quad-core processor and pure Android stock UI. Thus, giving a seamless experience of multitasking and gaming. The 7-inch HD display makes it a perfect fit for streaming movies on the go. The Intex tablet price in India starts at Rs 5,499. Thus, making it a perfect tablet for budget consumers.
Services & Warranty
The fact that Intex has more than 1500+ service touch points all over the country says that how deeply company has invested in after-sales service. Taking care of the customers after the product is sold is one thing that will build trust for a brand. And Intex claims they have done it right. Talking about the warranty, like most of their electronics products, the tablets come with 12 months warranty covering the cost of labor and defected parts. In the case of defects beyond repairs, the company is liable to replace the product under certain terms and conditions.
It always comes down to whether you are getting value for your money spent or not. And Intex tablets certainly looks to be worth considering the price and specifications they come with. If you have a need for a tablet that you can use for work and play, then, without hesitation you should go with it.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make voice calls from Intex tablet?
Yes, you can make voice calls on your Intex tablet. It supports voice calling. Insert the SIM card in the dedicated slot and enjoy voice calling.
Does Intex tablet support video calling?
Yes. It does support video calling since the Intex tablet comes with the front-facing camera. Use any video calling application from Google Play Store to make video calls.
Will my Jio 4G SIM card support on Intex tablet?
No. 4G network bands are not supported on Intex tablet. You would have to use only 3G or else 2G SIM cards.
Is Android OS version upgradeable on Intex tablet?
This entirely depends on the company, so far they haven’t shared any information regarding the OTA updates for their Intex tablet, iBuddy.
Can Intex tablet support OTG drives?
Yes. Intex tablet supports OTG drives. This will allow you to carry data externally on your small OTG drives and later plug and play whenever the data is required.
|Intex Tablet Price List||Price|
|Intex iBuddy IN-7DD01||Rs. 3999|