Huawei MediaPad M2 7.0 LTE
Coming soon to the Stores
- Wifi + 4G (With Calling)
- 3GB RAM
- 7-inch screen
Hp stands short for Hewlett-Packard. Hp is a US-based multinational company headquartered in California. This multi-million dollar company was founded in 1957 and has come a long way ever since. Hp produces electronic products like personal computers, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, Smartphones, Tablets and more. HP was the world’s leading manufacturer of Personal computers till 2013. It was also a supplier of electronic products and commodities to all small, medium and large scale organisations including government agencies, offices.
The Tablet Market in India:
All over the world, the tablet market is passing through a lean phase. This is mainly because of a few reasons. Firstly, the tablets are not as powerful as laptops, and that is why buyers prefer laptops for productivity and gaming options. Secondly, the handier smartphones with large display are available in the market with good connectivity options. Indian market closely follows the global tablet market. The tablet vendors are making every effort to make better, feature-heavy tablets which will appeal customers.
In India, affordable tablets running on Android operating system with 4G data are the most preferred ones among the buyers. With more and more power-packed Windows based tablets coming, the market should swing towards tablet PCs this year. According to last year’s report, Lenovo sold maximum number of tablets in India. That is because Lenovo co-operated with Gujarat Government's NAMO Tablet Sahaya Yojana scheme. Acer was the second most popular tablet vendor pushing Samsung to third place. The fourth and fifth place were taken by iBall and Datawind respectively.
The vendors are trying to push tablet computers to microfinance, food services and healthcare companies to digitalize and simplify customer service experiences. Among the student community of India, the tablets in the price range of ₹ 10000 to ₹ 20000 are reported to be doing maximum business, with corporate sector preferring higher-end models. 4G-enabled tablets are high in demand since the data cost has gone down. In rural India, tablets at the price range of ₹ 5000 to ₹ 8000 are selling the most.
About the company:
HP, originally known as the Hewlett-Packard Company was established in 1939, was an American multinational computer electronics manufacturer based in Palo Alto, California. In 2015 the company divided into two parts: HP Inc. with printer and personal computer division of the original Hewlett-Packard Company, and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise with enterprise products and services. Initially founded in a garage by William Hewlett and David Packard, HP was the world’s largest manufacturer of personal computers between 2007 and 2013, when Lenovo took over it.
HP designs develops, manufactures and sells printers, scanners, PDAs, calculators, digital cameras, personal computers for home and small business, workstation computers, servers for industrial use, storage devices, networking products, networking software, etc. The first product produced by HP that was successful in the market was a precision audio oscillator.
Currently, under the new name HP Inc., HP develops personal computers, printers, and 3D printing solutions. Though, HP Inc. is a USA-based company, around 63% of its revenue came from outside the US in the year 2016. Last year, in November, HP Inc. acquired Samsung’s printer division.
HP is a socially and environmentally responsible company. It has its own goal of recycling electronics wastes, toners and cartridges and is well ahead of its nearest competitor in terms of recycling electronic wastes. HP secured the top position in Green Rankings of America by Newsweek in 2009. It was also named one of the world’s most ethical companies in 2010 by Ethisphere Institute.
The History of the Company in India:
HP has its operations centre in Bangalore, India. This centre manages the company’s back-end and IT operations. The Bangalore centre is a net-zero energy data centre that aims to reduce power costs and energy requirements of the data centre. HP Inc. is planning to introduce its range of 3D printers to the Indian market for the commercial sector for the time being. However, India still does not have manufacturing centre for 3D printers, but HP is looking forward to selling the printers all over India. Also, HP Inc. plans to increase manufacturing units in India in the coming years in addition to the already established one in Pantnagar.
Similarly, Hewlett Packard Enterprise also continues their operations in India. With a base in Bangalore, Hewlett Packard Enterprise has its operational centres in Gurgaon, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Lucknow. The company’s main focus is on manufacturing, financial services, telecom, retail and e-commerce, and Digital India.
Tablet models offered by HP:
The technical specifications of a few of the tablet models offered by HP are given below:
· HP Pro Tablet 10 EE: This tablet has a 10.1-inch display with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. Powered by a 1.33 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3735G processor, this device runs on Windows 8.1 Pro operating system. With a RAM of 1 GB, this device packs 32 GB internal storage space expandable up to 128 GB with a microSD card. It houses two cameras: a 2 MP primary camera and a 1.2 MP front shooter for taking selfies. This device does not accept SIM card. Connectivity options are Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Proximity sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope etc. are present. The price of HP Pro Tablet 10 in Indian market is around ₹ 15499.
· HP Pro Tablet 8 with Voice: This device has an 8 inch 10-point multi-touch, IPS HD screen of 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. It is powered by a 64-bit quad-core MediaTek MT8735 processor with 2 GB RAM, and the device runs on Android 6.0 operating system. It has 16 GB inbuilt memory which supports extension to 64 GB with a microSD card. It accepts a microSIM for voice calling option. Ambient light sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer and proximity sensors are also present. It has a huge 6000 mAh replaceable battery which gives up to 15 hours of power. This device is exclusively manufactured for Indian customers and has support for regional languages too. This device is preloaded with several software like HP File Manager, and Google Mobile Services and Applications, screen adjustment features under sunlight, iris and fingerprint scanner, Aadhaar-based authenticator, thermal printer support, barcode scanner, magnetic strip reader, etc. In addition to those, it has a range of customisable features that allows delivery of services such as financial inclusions and benefit schemes. This device is also splash and dust-resistant for outdoor uses. The price of this HP tablet in Indian market starts at ₹ 19374.
· HP Pro Slate 12: Released in 2015, this tablet comes with a 12.3-inch display having a resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels. Powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, this tablet runs on Android 4.4 operating system. With RAM of 2 GB, this device has 32 GB on-board storage expandable to 32 GB more with a microSD card. The primary camera has a resolution of 8 MP, while the front shooter has 2 MP resolution. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC are the connectivity options. The features include a proximity sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, and gyroscope. This device includes a stylus too. The price tag of this device starts at ₹ 20999.
· HP Pavilion x360 13-u 133tu: This convertible tablet comes with a diagonal display size of 13.3 inches with FHD IPS LED-backlit multi-touch enabled edge-to-edge glass display. It is powered by a 2.5 GHz 7th generation Intel Core i5 processor, run on 64-bit Windows 10 Home operating system. The hard disc is 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA, with a RAM of 8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM. Several preloaded software are there, like McAfee LiveSafe, Adobe Shockwave player, TripAdvisor, CyberLink Power Media Player, CyberLink Power Director, etc. HP 3D DriveGuard, HPePrint, HP recovery manager, HP support assistant are installed too. This tablet includes a full size island-style backlit keyboard. Accelerometer, gyroscope, eCompass etc. sensors are present. The ports and slots include 1x HDMI port, 1x headphone/mic port, 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.1, 1x multi-format SD card reader. A 3-cell 41 Whr Li-ion battery provides power to the device and the 65 W Ac power adapter is included. The price of this convertible tablet is ₹ 65661.
· HP Pavilion x360 14-ba075tx: This 14-inch convertible tablet has FHD IPS WLED-backlit multi-touch edge to edge glass display. This device is powered by a 2.4 GHz 7th generation Intel Core i3 processor and operates on 64-bit Windows 10 Home single language version. This model packs a 4 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM, and 1 TB SSHD hard disc. The 3-cell 41 WHr Li-ion battery gives about 0 hours and 45 minutes of power. The ports and slots available are 1x HDMI, 1x headphone/mic combo, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1, 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1x SD card reader, and 1x Kensington lock slot. Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth options are there. The sensors include accelerometer, gyroscope, and eCompass. One Active Pen is included with HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support. McAfee LiveSafe antivirus software comes preloaded, and also several HP apps, such as, HP 3D DriveGuard, HP ePrint, HP Recovery Manager, HP Support Assistant, HP Audio Switch, HP Sure Connect, HP JumpStart, HP Orbit are already installed in the device. Microsoft Office Home and Student version is provided. The price of this tablet comes around ₹ 55161 at the official HP India website.
· HP Pavilion x360 11-u068tu: This is a two-in-one tablet with a comparatively smaller screen at 11.6 inch. It as HD UWVA anti-glare WLED-backlit touchscreen with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. Powered by 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium processor, this device runs on 64-bit Windows 10 Home operating system. This convertible tablet packs 4 GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM, and 500 GB SATA hard disk. It has a 3-cell 41 Whr Li-ion battery. Pre-installed software include McAfee LiveSafe, Adobe Shockwave player, CyberLink Power director, Dropbox, TripAdvisor, CyberLink Power Media Player, HP 3D DriveGuard, HP ePrint, HP Recovery Manager, HP Support Assistant, etc. Accelerometer, gyroscope, eCompass are available. The keyboard is of full size island-type. The slots and ports available are 1x HDMI, 1x headphone/mic combo, 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x SD card reader, and 1x Kensington MicroSaver lock slot. Wireless and Bluetooth are the networking options. The price of this device is ₹ 34161 at the official Indian website of HP.
Why buy HP Tablets:
HP offers both Android-run and Windows-run tablets. Both types are feature packed and made especially thinking about the preference of Indian customers. Windows convertible tablets are handy, as well as come with a lot of power. They can be used as a productivity as well as gaming or entertainment device. The Android tablets have very good memory and CPU options. HP tablet models are quite sturdy, as well as good-looking.
The Pavilion series of two-in-one laptops come with special discounts and attractive EMI options, and cashback options. The tablets are preloaded with various efficient HP apps and anti-virus software that can be quite useful. Indian customers should find this tablet model quite impressive.
The first Hp tablet was released in the year 2011 with the Web OS and was soon discontinued and post that HP launched its first touch-based tablet pad with Android Gingerbread as its operating system. People who were already using the WebOS were allowed to switch to Honeycomb as that was the next upgrade. Ever since Hp has upgraded its tablets to become one of the best seller in the tablet space in competition with Samsung Tablets and Apple Tablets.
The HP tablets sold in India are equipped with features like Voice calling, expandable memory, 3G, fast processors, multitasking CPUs and more. The Hp tablet’s prices aren’t very high as they have various models that can cater to the different needs of its varied users.
The Hp Stream 8 and the HP Omni 10
The HP slate Voice Tab 7 Ultra is one of the most widely sold
Huawei MediaPad M2 7.0 LTE
Coming soon to the Stores
HP Stream 8
Available in 3 stores
HP 7 VoiceTab
Available in 3 stores
HP Slate 6 VoiceTab 2
Available in 3 stores
HP Slate 6 VoiceTab
Available in 3 stores
|HP Tablet Price List||Price|
|Huawei MediaPad M2 7.0 LTE||Rs. 19990|
|HP Stream 8||Rs. 13299|
|HP 7 VoiceTab||Rs. 9699|
|HP Slate 6 VoiceTab 2||Rs. 11890|
|HP Slate 6 VoiceTab||Rs. 12000|