Dell Latitude 12 Rugged
Coming soon to the Stores
Dell is an American company headquartered in Texas. It is a manufacturing giant of products like Personal computers, Smartphones, Softwares, servers, peripherals, network switches, HDTV ’s, Mp3 players, printers, and data storage devices. The dell line of tablets are one of the most widely used tablets in the current tablet space around the world. Dell competes with Xiaomi Tablets and Lenovo Tablets.
Dell streak, Dell Venue, and Dell Venue Pro are the list of models that are sold of Dell tablets in India. The Dell Venue comes with an Android operating system while the Dell Venue Pro comes with Windows operating system.
The Tablet Market in India:
Indian tablet market follows global tablet market closely. With the introduction of smartphones with more than 6-inch screen size, tablet market went downhill. Last year in India, there were quite a few ups and downs in the shipment of tablet PCs. According to the International Data Corporation, Lenovo was the top seller of tablet PCs followed by Acer, Samsung, iBall and Datawind making the top five vendors of tablet computers.
The market shows a strong preference for Android-run tablets over iOS-based ones. The Windows-run tablets are also getting good business, though there are a very few Windows-run models available in the market. Since Indian buyers are price-sensitive, affordable tablets show better market growth in this country. Recently, with better access to 4G data, the 4G-enabled tablets are becoming more and more popular.
With new tablet models to be released in the market this year by Apple, Samsung, Lenovo and other vendors, the market is definitely seeing an upswing. Various government projects to provide tablet computers to each and every student of this country is also going to help in increasing the popularity of these devices.
About the company:
Headquartered in Round Rock, Texas, Dell Inc. is an American multinational computer technology company founded in 1984. The company was founded as ‘PC’s Limited’ by an IBM PC compatible computer seller Michael Dell with personal capital. He designed the first computer which was sold at a much lower price as compared to IBM. This computer was an instant hit, in another couple of years, the company started producing around 7000 computers per month, built according to customer’s specifications. In 1988, the company was renamed as Dell Computer Corporation, and again in 2003, the company was renamed as Dell Inc. as their product line went beyond personal computers. From 1996, Dell started selling its products online, and it was arguably the first company to customize personal computers according to the buyer’s choice. Dell acquired EMC Corporation for USD 67 billion in 2016, which is considered to be the biggest ever acquisition in the IT sector. Dell Inc. became a leader in PC market with their innovative strategies of direct online sales, and production of buyer specified devices.
Although started as a manufacturer of personal computers, Dell Inc. has diversified its product range considerably. Presently Dell Inc. develops, manufactures, sells and repairs desktop computers, laptops, tablet PCs, two-in-one devices, servers, data storage options, computer peripherals, network switches, HD televisions, cameras, printers, etc.
Dell Inc. claims to follow Global Reporting Initiative protocol and reports its environmental performance annually. Dell’s research and development wings have permanent recycling centres and the company has been reported to recycle/reuse 85% of its products. In 2012, Dell Inc. secured a 5th position on Greenpeace’s ranking of electronics makers.
The History of the Company in India:
Dell set up its centre in Bangalore in 1996 as Dell Computer India Private Limited. Before Dell entered the Indian market, HP and Lenovo were the major players in personal computers sector. Since Dell had its factory in Malaysia, Indian buyers had to wait for more than 4 weeks to have their order delivered. In 2007, Dell established its manufacturing unit in Sriperumbudur near Chennai. Dell India has come up a long way since then and according to International Data Corporation, Dell sold more than 1.1 million PCs in India in the year 2010, ahead of HP. This was because Dell established its manufacturing unit in India, cutting down the delay in delivery time and also in delivery cost. Customer support began from Bangalore, and later from Hyderabad, Mohali and Gurgaon under Dell International Services. Dell also started establishing its own outlets, where customers can not only have a look but touch and feel the product before buying. Dell also started doorstep advertising with registered sales executives giving first-hand experience door to door. Another advertising policy adopted by Dell in India was the real-life entrepreneurs endorsing Dell PCs, instead of celebrities and film stars. With these aggressive market strategies, Dell India continues to make a profit, while globally Dell is losing to HP and Acer, and in China, Lenovo continues to dominate the market.
At present in India, Dell has a number of delivery centres across the country, like Noida, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune and Coimbatore.
Tablet models offered by Dell:
Below are the technical details of a few of the tablet PCs offered by Dell:
· Inspiron 13 5379 2-in-1: This two-in-one tablet has a 13.3-inch FHD IPS screen with LED-Backlit touch display with a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels. The device has an 8th generation Intel Core i5-8250U processor having 6 MB cache up to 3.4 GHz. The tablet runs on Windows 10 Home Plus Single language operating System. It has 1 TB hard drive at 5400 rpm, and 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM expandable to 32 GB. This device packs Microsoft Office software Home and Student 2016 version, and McAfee Multi-Device anti-virus software with 15 months subscription. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options are there. There is a 42 WHr 3-cell battery to power the device. The ports available are: 1x HDMI, 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0, 1x security slot, 1x headphone/mic, 1x microSD card reader. The camera feature includes widescreen HD infrared Webcam with a digital microphone with 720p video recording capability. Warranty of 1-year premium support with onsite service option is there. The price of this two-in-one tablet in India starts at ₹ 63890.
· Inspiron 13 7373 2-in-1: This is also a 13.3-inch two-in-one device with FHD IPS Truelife LED-backlit narrow border touch display having a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Powered by up to 4.0 GHz 8th generation Intel Core i7-8550U processor with 8 MB cache, this device runs on Windows 10 Home Plus operating system. The PC has a 16 GB DDR4 2133MHz memory and 512 GB solid state drive. The Video card of Intel UHD Graphics 620 and an infra-red webcam are included. Preloaded software is Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 version, and McAfee Security software with 15-month subscription. There is an integrated 38 WHr 3-cell battery to power the device. The ports and slots include 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1x Headphone/microphone, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x 3:1 SD card reader, 1x security slot. 1 year of limited hardware warranty with in-home service after remote diagnosis facility is available. The price of Inspiron 13 7373 is ₹ 94490 onwards.
· Dell Venue 7: Venue 7 is a 7-inch tablet with a resolution of 1280 pixels by 800 pixels. Powered by a 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom processor and 2 GB RAM, this device runs on Android 4.2. With an internal storage of 16 GB, it has an option to increase storage up to 32 GB with a microSD card. This tablet packs a 0.3 MP front camera and 3.15 MP back camera. This 3G-enabled device accepts a microSIM. The network and connectivity options are 3G, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. A non-removable 4100 mAh battery provides power to the device. The sensors of this device include compass magnetometer, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc. The price of Venue 7 at Indian market starts at ₹ 5999.
· Dell Venue 8: Launched in 2014, this tablet has a screen size of 8 inches with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. The CPU is 2.0 GHz dual-core Intel Atom processor and the RAM is 2 GB, It operates on Android 4.2 operating system. The inbuilt memory is 16 GB expandable to 32 GB with a microSD card. Venue 8 packs a 5 MP primary camera and 2 MP front shooter. The device is powered by a 4100 mAh non-removable battery. There is a slot for a microSIM and this 3G enabled device to provide 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS etc. as connectivity options. Compass magnetometer, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity sensors are present. The price of Venue 8 in Indian market starts from ₹ 17500.
· Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855: Released in 2016, Venue 8 Pro is the advanced version of Venue 8 model, though it runs on Windows phone OS. It has 8-inch display with 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution. Powered by a 2.24 GHz quad-core Intel Atom x5-Z8500 processor, this device runs on Windows Phone 10 Pro Operating System. The tablet comes with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage expandable to 128 GB via a microSD card. This device packs a 5 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front camera. It accepts a single microSIM with connectivity options of 3G, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. It has an active digitizer option for pen input, though the stylus is sold separately. This tablet is marketed in India with a price of ₹ 10900 onwards.
· Dell Venue 7 3741: With a 6.95-inch display, this device has a resolution of 1024 pixels by 600 pixels. It has a 1.3 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Processor with 1 GB RAM. This tablet runs on Android 4.4 operating system and has an internal storage of 8 GB with an option to expand to 64 GB. There are a2 MP primary camera and a 0.3 MP secondary camera for taking selfies. It has a slot for a regular SIM. Connectivity options are 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth. A non-removable 4100 mAh battery gives power to the device. The sensors include an accelerometer, proximity sensor, gyroscope etc. The price of this device in India starts at ₹ 12999.
Why buy Dell Tablets:
Dell Inc. is a very trusted personal computer manufacturing brand all over the world. The devices that Dell makes, are sturdy, handy and feature-packed. The tablets offered by Dell are of two types: Android-run, and Windows-run. The tablets with the Android operating system are smaller, with most of the models having 7 inches or 8-inch display size. With 3G-enabled network option, these devices have good connectivity features. The tablets pack a primary camera with decent resolution, and secondary camera too has enough resolution for taking selfies. They have standard CPU options and good battery life. The tablet models are sleek and handy. The prices of these tablets are kept at par with the competitors, and both low-range and mid-range tablets are available.
The Windows-based two-in-one tablets are of premium quality. They have a very powerful processor and run on Windows 10. With preloaded Microsoft Office 2016, these devices are quite productive. With a screen size of 13 inches, they can be a very good option for gaming and entertainment. The wide-angled infra-red camera is a big plus. With a slim metal chassis, back-flipping touchscreen and accurate touchpad are definitely going to attract buyers. Above all, performance-wise these devices fall into the top bracket of tablet category.
The Dell streak started off in the year 2009 with Android 1.6 and has come a long way ever since. The current editions of Dell tablets are windows 7 enabled to give you that best in class multi-tasking experience. This operating system in the Dell Venue 8 is summed with 2GB RAM, 8-inch screen with 1280x800 pixel resolution. The smooth multitasking experience is powered by 2GHz dual-core Intel Atom processor and the device comes with 16GB internal memory and can be boosted up to 32GB.
The Dell tablets inherit their refinement and expertise in computing from its predecessor the Dell line of computers. The dell tablets price in India begin at INR 10,000 and go up to INR 15,000. Dell tablets reviewed positively for their features like dual camera, #G, Wifi, video calling and more.
Our Tablet finder will help you go through the catalog and help you consider each device and its specifications that are present in the Dell tablets price list. The comparison tablets feature that is present in the website will help you make an informed buying decision.
Dell Latitude 12 Rugged
Coming soon to the Stores
Dell Venue 8 Pro
Available in 3 stores
Dell Venue 8 16GB WiFi
Available in 1 store
Dell Venue 8 Pro 64GB
Available in 2 stores
Dell Venue 7 8GB WiFi
Available in 1 store
|Dell Tablet Price List||Price|
|Dell Latitude 12 Rugged||Rs. 101800|
|Dell Venue 8 Pro||Rs. 8799|
|Dell Venue 8 16GB WiFi||Rs. 6000|
|Dell Venue 8 Pro 64GB||Rs. 22594|
|Dell Venue 7 8GB WiFi||Rs. 8499|