Acer Iconia One 8 B1-850
Available in 1 store
- Wifi Only
- 1GB RAM
- 8-inch screen
Acer is a Taiwanese brand that manufactures a variety of electronics products including Laptops, smartphones and tablets. So, if you have been looking for Acer tablet
The Tablet Market in India:
In the third quarter of 2017, Indian tablet market reported a growth of 38% in comparison to that of the second quarter. Lenovo achieved the top spot as a most preferred tablet computer vendor with a 20.3% market share. Acer Inc. came to the second spot with 16% overall tablet market share according to a report from the Economic Times. Though the overall tablet PC market showed a 4% decline in year-on-year growth, 4G-enabled tablets recorded about 40% growth. Also, more than 100% increase was recorded in the sales of tablets coming in ₹ 5000 to ₹ 10000 range. With education sector still holding the key position in tablet computer demand, corporate and government segments also showed interest towards these devices.
4G-tablets running on Android OS are the most popular among the customers. The devices that run on Windows operating systems are finding popularity among buyers who want a productive device. The key tablet vendors are eyeing to the schemes adopted by the government. Free or cheap tablet distribution to the student community resulted in Lenovo’s stupendous success last year. On-site government officials too are preferring carrying tablets rather than laptops during outdoor visits. Various food services and healthcare companies have started digitalizing customer interaction points, and these segments find tablet computers very useful due to their compact and portable nature.
With newer models, powerful processors, and useful features, the tablet market in India is expecting to grow considerably this year too.
About the company:
Acer Inc. is a Taiwanese multinational computer technology and electronic products manufacturer based in Xizhi, New Taipei City, Taiwan. Acer was founded in 1976 by Stan Shih and others as Multitech. In the beginning, the company was a consultant in the use of microprocessors and was a distributor of electronic parts. Gradually, with the production of microprocessors, this company started making computers and was renamed as Acer in 1987.
The product range of Acer Inc. includes desktop computers, laptops, tablets, convertibles, two-in-one devices, Chromebooks, servers, storage devices, virtual reality devices, smartphones, and computer accessories. Acer also provides cloud services and platforms. It has also started developing smart wearables and smartphones with value-added “Internet of Things” applications. Notable product lines released by Acer are Extensa series, Acer Iconia, Acer TravelMate, Acer Aspire, Acer Predator, Acer TimelineX, etc. From early 2000, Acer started designing, marketing, and distribution of products, while the manufacturing is outsourced to contract manufacturers. According to trade analysis, Acer Inc. was the sixth largest PC vendor in the world in the year 2015. Acer operates its business in 70 countries around the world and sells its devices in more than 160 countries.
A majority of Acer’s products are free from polyvinyl chloride and brominated flame retardants. The company’s chemical release management is very good with its restrictions on the release of organohalogens. Greenpeace ranked Acer in the fourth position in their Guide to Greener Electronics list in 2012.
Several of the Acer’s products have received awards all over the world. In 2017 Acer Predator Z1 received CES Best of Innovation award, Taiwan Excellence Silver Award was received for Predator Z850 in the same year.
History of the company in India:
Founded in 1999, Acer India Private Limited is Acer’s wholly owned subsidiary office. Headquartered in Bangalore, this centre sells affordable desktop computers and notebooks in the educational institutes and student communities.
Acer India’s Chief Marketing Officer Mr Chandrahas Panigrahi mentioned that Acer India is aiming for 20% growth in revenues this year. Increasing demands for specialised devices, e.g. gaming laptops, are going to contribute to the company’s growth. He says that around 18 – 20 million laptops procured between 2013 and 2015 are more or less at their end-of-life stage, are most likely to be replaced by the users. Users are expected to purchase laptops or convertibles or two-in-one devices which have more specific uses. Acer India is also banking on the increase in a number of serious PC-gamers. Acer offers several models in the gaming segment. Acer’s laptops and desktop computers are high in demand in educational institutes, and Acer India is quite confident that this demand will keep increasing as there are more and more schools and colleges being established. Acer India is also experiencing increasing demand from small and medium business companies.
Tablet models offered by Acer:
Acer offers both Android-based and Windows-based tablets. The technical specifications of a few of them are discussed below:
· Acer Switch Alpha 12: This is a two-in-one tablet with 12-inch QHD multi-touch IPS screen with 2160 x 1440 pixels resolution. Powered by a 2.3 GHz dual-core Intel Core i3-6100U processor, the device runs on a Home version of Windows 10 operating system. With a 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM, this tablet has 128 GB of solid state drive. The graphics option is Intel LPDDR3 shared graphics memory. Cameras included are 1 MP front camera and 1 MP auto-focus rear camera. 8 hours of battery life is provided by a 2-cell 4870 mAh Li-Polymer battery. The ports and slots include 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, microSDXC card slot. Connectivity options are Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. Input devices are touchpad and a stylus. The cooling of CPU is done by the space-age heat pipe cooling system. This tablet is a perfect blend of productivity, portability and flexibility. Acer Switch Alpha 12 is available in India at a price of ₹ 49999 onwards.
· Acer Iconia Talk S: This is 7-inch tablet with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. It has a 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8735 processor and runs on Android 6.0 operating system A 2 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage is provided with an option to expand it to 128 GB. The tablet packs a 13 MP primary camera and a 2 MP secondary camera. A 3400 mAh battery gives power to the device. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are the connectivity options. The sensors present are a proximity sensor, accelerometer, and ambient light sensor. The price of this device starts at ₹ 13999.
· Acer Iconia Tab 10: With a 10.1 inch IPS display, this tab comes with a resolution of 1200 x 1920 pixels. The CPU is 1.83 GHz quad-core Intel Atom processor assisted by a 2 GB RAM. Iconia Tab 10 runs on Android 5.0 operating system and packs 16 GB of fixed internal storage. The device has a 5 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front shooter for taking selfies. Compass magnetometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor are also present. This tablet is available in India at a price of ₹ 23000 onwards.
· Acer One: Acer one is a 10-inch tablet with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. The device is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F processor and runs on Windows 8.1 operating system. It has 1 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage. It accepts microSD card of up to 32 GB. The tablet packs a non-removable 6000 mAh battery to provide power to the device. There is a 2 MP primary camera and a 0.3 MP front camera. The device comes with a detachable keyboard. Connectivity options are Wi-Fi and GPS. Compass magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, etc. are present. The price of Acer One 10 inch tablet starts from ₹ 18000.
· Acer Predator 8: This is an 8-inch tablet with 1900 x 1200 pixels resolution. Running on Android 5.1 operating system, this device has 2 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage expanded up to 128 GB. Predator 8 has an Intel Atom X7 processor. It has a 5 MP rear camera and a 1.9 MP front camera. Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth are the connectivity options. Accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor are present. The price of this device is expected to start from ₹ 19700.
· Acer Iconia One 8: Launched in 2016, this tablet has a display size of 87 inches with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. Powered by a quad-core processor, this device runs on Android 5.1. With 1 GB RAM, this device packs 16 GB internal memory expandable to 128 GB with a microSD card. A 5 MP primary camera and a 2 MP secondary camera are present. Iconia One 8 accepts a single regular SIM and provides the 3G network. Other connectivity options are Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. This tablet is available in market at a price of ₹ 9999 onwards.
· Acer Iconia W4 3G: This 8-inch device has IPS multi-touch screen with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. A 1.8 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Bay Trail T processor powers the device, which runs on Windows 8.1 platform. This device has a 2 GB RAM, 64 GB of ROM, another 32 GB of storage can be added via a microSD card. A 5 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front camera are present. A non-removable 4960 mAh battery gives power to the device. Iconia W4 3G accepts a single microSIM. Network and connectivity options are 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. Proximity sensor, accelerometer and ambient light sensors are also present. The price of this device starts at ₹ 12999.
Why buy Acer Tablets:
Acer is a preferred brand for desktop PCs and laptop computers among Indian consumers for a long time. Acer offers tablet computers with both Android and Windows operating system. Thus consumers can choose according to his/her preference. Acer tablets have powerful processors, good battery backup, vivid display with attractive design. All the tablet models offered by Acer has Wi-Fi connectivity options which are very useful for the users. The devices pack decent cameras for taking photos and recording videos.
Acer Iconia One 8 B1-850
Available in 1 store
Acer Iconia One 7 B1-760HD
Coming soon to the Stores
Acer Iconia Tab B1-A71 8GB WiFi
Available in 1 store
|Acer Tablet Price List||Price|
|Acer Iconia One 8 B1-850||Rs. 46848|
|Acer Iconia One 7 B1-760HD||Rs. 8999|
|Acer Iconia Tab B1-A71 8GB WiFi||Rs. 7475|